Enjoy your vacation home when you can, but in the meantime why not rent it out on a site like Airbnb to pay off your investment? Or, make it a full time rental property and enjoy an additional revenue stream. Do you travel for work? A Wishbone Tiny Home is the perfect real estate investment for you. No mortgage, HOA fees, and virtually zero maintenance are huge benefits.
A Wishbone Tiny Home comes with everything you need to live a comfortable life: Bed, bathroom, kitchen, and living room. Sizes range from 8' x 16' to 8' x 24' and larger, resulting in 150 sq' to 1000 sq' of usable space. Build styles vary from craftsman to modern aesthetics, your choice. Finishes are also customizable.
Things to consider:
- Utilities. What type of connection to electricity and plumbing will you be able to establish? How will the home be heated and/or cooled? Our homes can be used for off-grid applications, grid-tied applications, or both, depending on your needs.
- Typically, a water supply is connected via an RV-style hose. The home will also have an available supply tank and pump for those times when you do not have access to a pressurized water intake.
- Sewage can be dealt with in one of three ways: Composting toilet (best value), incinerating toilet (little maintenance, but energy intensive), and traditional plumbing with a black water tank, (requires an RV-type sewage dump process, which is logistically difficult).
- Heat is typically provided by a propane unit, but can be achieved through electric versions as well. A combination of both is preferred.
- If air conditioning is required, it can be achieved via a window unit or high efficiency ductless mini split model.
- Propane gas or electric cooking ranges are available.
- High efficiency 9.2 CF refrigerator is standard.
- Electricity can be delivered through a variety of ways, both on and off-grid. Typically 30 or 50 amp service is installed and can be connected through a heavy duty extension cord. A generator or solar PV system with battery backup are also options.
- Zoning: Check with your local municipality regarding zoning laws for tiny houses. Finding the best place for your tiny house can be one of the most critical steps in this process.